Amy Shafer, CCC-SLP is a pediatric speech-language pathologist and certified Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) therapist, passionate about parent collaboration. She offers parent coaching to address frequently asked questions related to speech and language development, social skills, play, and behavior for younger children. Speech services can address the following questions:
- How do I facilitate my child’s speech development?
- How do I enhance my child’s language development?
- What comes before spoken language?
- How do I increase my child’s attention during play and daily routines?
- How do I navigate difficulty with transitions?
- How do I engage my child in play?
- How do I target my child’s speech therapy goals at home?
Amy specializes in early intervention and speech and language development. Her approach to therapy incorporates a variety of methods based on naturalistic developmental and behavioral interventions (NDBIs). Parent coaching is designed to be highly individualized and specific to the family’s needs. The coaching sessions will address parents’ questions, review the child’s current treatment plans or goals, and be an opportunity to solve any concerns.